Last updated on June 27, 2022
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Towards AI Inc. may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Email Address
– Phone Number
– Associated Organization
– Job Title
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products, assets, or services available on the Site. These may include:
(a) filling out a form on our Site
(b) sending us an email message. We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Towards AI, Inc. has various uses for your personal and user data you provide to us. Here are the principal contexts in which we may use, retain and share your personal and user data:
- Websites and Account Management: Most often, you may browse our websites without providing any personal data to us. However, if you choose to establish a user account with TOWARDS AI INC., engage in e-commerce, sign up for marketing communications, or interact with our customer service teams or participate in a forum on our website, we will likely need to collect some personal or user data from you. In addition, our web servers automatically collect certain data by default, such as IP addresses and other activity logs. This type of data is used for website security and site improvement purposes. Much of that data is not readily identifiable and is usually kept anonymous. In order to maintain and improve our websites, TOWARDS AI INC. uses third-party hosting, content management and security partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Sales: If you decide to purchase a service from TOWARDS AI INC., we will need to collect certain personal data from you, including payment-related information. Typically, we use third-party partners, vendors and suppliers, such as payment processing companies during our sales.
- Marketing & Social Media: You may choose to receive TOWARDS AI INC. marketing communications, participate in an event/contest/promotion with us, or connect with TOWARDS AI INC. via social media. If you do so, we will collect certain personal data about you, such as your contact information, social media profile information and, in order to determine your eligibility for a contest or promotion, your full or partial dates of birth. TOWARDS AI INC. may share your personal data with our marketing agencies and partners to carry out our marketing campaigns, contests and promotions. If you wish to unsubscribe from our marketing, please follow the opt-out link in the communications you receive from us; update your contact preferences in your TOWARDS AI INC. account settings; or click here.
- Product Registration: If you use TOWARDS AI INC. services, you may choose to establish TOWARDS AI INC. user account. TOWARDS AI INC. user account profile may include your username, password, settings, preferences, contact information, device ID information, and related data. TOWARDS AI INC. may share this information with other TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates and vendors and suppliers, such as third-party hosting partners. Certain TOWARDS AI INC. product settings, preference information, applications history and location-based information may be used by TOWARDS AI INC. product development and improvement and customer service teams if you choose to enable enhanced customer support services.
- Customer Service & Support: If you choose to interact with TOWARDS AI INC. customer service and support – whether it be via our website, social media, chat, email or phone – TOWARDS AI INC. customer service teams (some of whom work for outsourced vendors and suppliers of TOWARDS AI INC.) may have access to your account information, product information, contact information and payment information. You may also be required to answer certain security questions to verify your identity and your call or session with TOWARDS AI INC. customer support may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
- Job Opportunities: You may choose to apply for employment opportunities at TOWARDS AI INC. through the TOWARDS AI INC. website. If you complete an application for a job at TOWARDS AI INC., we may collect your contact information, job history info and certain other information that may be required or allowed under applicable laws to screen candidates for employment. We may share this information with other TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates and vendors and suppliers who provide us with candidate search and hiring services.
The following table provides further information on some of the specific types of personal or user data we may collect from you, how we use it and with whom we may share it:
|DATA COLLECTED||PURPOSES OF USE||THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE IT|
|First and Last Name||Account Management, Sales, Marketing & Social Media, Customer Service & Support; Job Applications and Employment Screening||TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates; Vendors and Suppliers; Marketing agencies who handle campaigns on behalf of TOWARDS AI INC.|
|Contact Information (e.g., phone, email, mailing/billing/shipping address)||Account Management, Sales, Marketing & Social Media, Customer Service & Support; Job Applications and Employment Screening||TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates; Vendors and Suppliers; Marketing agencies who handle campaigns on behalf of TOWARDS AI INC.|
|Payment Information (e.g., credit/debit card)||Sales, Customer Service & Support||Vendors and Suppliers|
|Username and Password||Account Management, Sales, Customer Service & Support||Vendors and Suppliers|
|Full/Partial Date of Birth||Sales, Marketing & Social Media, Customer Service & Support; Job Applications and Employment Screening||TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates; Vendors and Suppliers; Marketing agencies who handle campaigns/contests on behalf of TOWARDS AI INC.|
|Answers to Account Security Questions||Account Management, Customer Service & Support||Vendors and Suppliers|
|Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses||Web, Network and Product Security; Marketing & Social Media; Customer Service & Support||TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates; Vendors and Suppliers|
|Social Media Profile Information||Marketing & Social Media, Customer Service & Support||Vendors and Suppliers; Marketing agencies who handle campaigns/contests on behalf of TOWARDS AI INC.|
|Employment Background and Screening Information||Job Applications and Employment Screening||TOWARDS AI INC. subsidiaries and affiliates; Vendors and Suppliers|
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Towards AI Inc. does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. Towards AI Inc. may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Towards AI Inc., and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Towards AI Inc. may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Towards AI Inc. or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Towards AI Inc.; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Towards AI Inc., or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
Towards AI Inc. may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within towardsai.net, in order to determine what Towards AI Inc. services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Towards AI Inc. to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Towards AI Inc. application software may track feature usage in order to determine what features of the software are most popular. This data is used to prioritize enhancements to Towards AI Inc. software and identify areas that can be improved.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Towards AI Inc. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the Towards AI Inc. website.
Retention of Personal Data
TOWARDS AI INC. intends to retain personal data only as long as necessary to complete the purposes of use. When those purposes have been fulfilled, we will securely delete personal data as appropriate. However, we may retain your personal data as long as any of the following circumstances apply:
- your TOWARDS AI INC. account is active
- to provide you with services or support that you have requested
- to comply with applicable laws, including for tax and audit purposes
- to enforce TOWARDS AI INC.’s rights, including litigation and debt collection
The Towards AI Inc. website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Towards AI Inc. pages or register with Towards AI Inc. site or services, a cookie helps Towards AI Inc. to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Towards AI Inc. website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Towards AI Inc. features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Towards AI Inc. services or websites you visit.
Embedded content from other websites
Content on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Towards AI Inc. secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Towards AI Inc. uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol When personal information is collected, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Transferring Data Across Borders
TOWARDS AI INC. may collect, process, use, retain and transfer personal data across borders in order to fulfill our purposes of use. This may include transfers of personal data to countries that may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws to those in your own country.
However, regardless of where we transfer personal data to, TOWARDS AI INC. takes appropriate steps to ensure that your personal data enjoys consistent standards of care. This includes signing contracts between TOWARDS AI INC. affiliates and with our vendors and suppliers to make sure that both parties are following consistent privacy and security principles, processes and protections.
For transfers involving European personal data, TOWARDS AI INC. uses Standard Contractual Clauses with its partners.
Children Under Thirteen
Towards AI Inc. does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Towards AI Inc. may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Towards AI Inc. or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Towards AI Inc., you may opt-out of such communications by clicking on the unsubscribe or manage subscription links in any email that you receive.
Corrections to Personal Data
In addition, under this privacy statement and certain applicable laws, you may submit a request to Towards AI Inc. to review, correct, amend or to delete your personal data that Towards AI Inc. has about you. You may also have the right to request a machine-readable copy of your personal data. To submit such a request to Towards AI Inc., please contact us at [email protected].
Please note that we will review, respond to and act upon such requests as soon as possible and in accordance with applicable laws. We are also required to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data. If you have TOWARDS AI INC. account, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign into your account. If you do not have TOWARDS AI INC. account, or an email address on file with us, then we may request additional limited information from you in order to verify your identity. Please note that if you do not have an account with TOWARDS AI INC., or an email address on file, or if we are unable to verify your identity in our records, we may deny your request.
You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request under this section on your behalf. If you choose to have an authorized agent submit such a request on your behalf, TOWARDS AI INC. will require: (i) you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so; and (ii) your agent to verify their identity directly with TOWARDS AI INC. TOWARDS AI INC. may deny a request from an agent that does not meet these requirements.
In addition, you have the right to raise questions or complaints with your applicable national data protection authority at any time.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Towards AI Inc. welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Towards AI Inc. has not adhered to this statement, please contact Towards AI Inc. at:
Towards AI Inc.
228 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003